In 9 short years, Stitched Up Custom Trim has established itself as one of Australia’s leading automotive and marine trim shops. With a combination of the latest equipment coupled with years of industry knowledge, Daz and Guido have been able to deliver above and beyond their customer’s expectations time and time again. Whether it’s a simple seat repair or headlining right through to a fully customised show car interior, Stitched Up Custom Trim have the experience, concepts and skill to deliver each and every time.
Meet the Team
Darren Baldwin – Owner / Trimmer / Fabricator
Daz completed his apprenticeship with Bruce Hall, one of the most respected trimmers in the industry. Whilst training with Bruce he completed trade certification in Automotive Bodywork, Trimming and Coach Building at Ultimo TAFE. After completing his apprenticeship Daz worked with and has a continuing relationship with Bruce Gibbs Prestige Trimming and Cooks Upholstery before working with Brad from Brad’s Custom Trim for 4 years. In 2009 Daz opened Stitched Up Custom Trim in Tuggerah.
Guido Joosten – Trimmer / Fabricator
Guido joined the Stitched Up team in June 2012. He brings with him over 25 years trimming and fabricating experience. Having begun his work life in a carpentry apprenticeship, he then completed a trimming apprenticeship on Sydney Northern Beaches working on a host of prestige and concourse level European cars. Guido then worked for PWR (Paul Weel Racing) in QLD in their fabricating and assembly divison before taking up a position fabricating custom medical equipment.
- MotorEx – Gold Medal Street Elite Interior – FB/EK Holden “Old Love”
- MotorEx – Silver Medal Street Elite Interior – Ford Mustang “Warhorse”
- MotorEx – JDM Tuner Interior – Toyota Hilux “LOW”
- Summernats – Top Custom Trim – FB/EK Holden “Old Love”
- Summernats – Grand Champion- FB/EK Holden “Old Love”
- Summernats – Best Overall Interior – Ford Mustang “Warhorse”
- Street Machine of the Year Nominee – ’51 Chev Pick Up – Memphis Hell
- Street Commodores Trim of the Year – VL Commodore – “IH830L”
- Top 60 Summernats – VL Commodore – “IH830L”
- Best Trim at countless local shows like ChromeFest and Central Coast Showdown